1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nvidia 8500gt (sli) nvlddmkm.sys BSOD!!!!

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by Sniper210010, Jun 14, 2008.

1. Sniper210010

Sniper210010 Techie7 New Member

Hey guys,

My pal is running vista basic with 2x 8500gt in SLI.... hes just updated his nvidia drivers to the latest 175.16 from nvidias site and on boot up hes getting BSOD....it always points the " nvlddmkm.sys" wich is a nvidia driver... it had me stumped up till i ready this thread -

nVidia BSOD nvlddmkm.sys - Vista Hardware Devices

But that didnt help as command kept saying that there was no destination folder to expand the file to??? was i doing summit wrong there or are nvidia just not aware that they have released an unstable driver.. please help me out as i have no idea what to do...i need to fix this as its the only driver that plays his favourite game properly.

Any ideas? many thanks

2. jephree

jephree ¨*·.¸ «.·°·..·°·.» ¸.·*¨

First off did he uninstall the previous driver from Add or Remove Programs?

This is absolutely necessary.

If so and the issue persists can he install the older driver again? Again you must always uninstall the previous driver from Add or Remove Programs first.

If the issue persists make sure he has the latest BIOS for his motherboard.

You might also try removing the SLi bridge until after the driver is installed.

3. Sniper210010

Ok, i uninstalled from add/remove programs and used driver cleaner to clear all traces. I have installed the latest driver package 175.16 from nvidia website and i haven't had the problem again

But: I dont have SLI enabled, also the G card's dont use an SLI bridge as the dont need one so i didn't have to remove that.

1 more thing...my temp moniter is sayin that the G-cards are 55 degrees celcius when playing games?

Oh...and bios is now up to date...shall i enable SLI and see what happens?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2008
  4. jephree

No problem.

Those temps are normal.

The 8800's and 9800's run over 60c stock.

Go ahead and try SLi.

Note that on many older games SLi may cause some problems. If you have problems with particular games try running them with SLi off.

5. Sniper210010

ok......Nvidia have released a new 175.19 driver for the geforce 6, 7 and 8 series...it seems to have fixed my problem....and we now have SLI running again...all is well for now...ill keep you posted on any problems that arise now.

Many thanks D-A-L!

6. Sniper210010

Ok, so im having the problem again...windows unexpectedly shuts down and it still point s to the same thing....i have SLI enabled.

It dosn't matter weather im playing games as it happens when windows is also running idle??

Any Ideas?

7. jephree

8. Sniper210010

The psu is 500w...if it is the psu then why has it only started doing this now as it was running fine before?

9. jephree

Only speculating but to answer the last question:

Everything gets old and wears out.

Everything dies.

Anyway the best step is to test each piece of hardware.

You can get software tests for the RAM and the Hard Drive. The PSU requires a hardware tester.

Do you have the proper power connections to the cards?

10. Sniper210010

Sorry about the delay is responding and thanks so far for all your help:

Ok so i have tested the ram and all the other internal hardware...i got a friend to test the PSU and he said that it was fine so he could no see a problem there, everything is fine and dandy so far??

The only things i can think of are the drivers or Vista SP1 as its only since i have had SP1 installed that i have had this problem??

11. jephree

1 person likes this.
  12. Sniper210010

ok, i will ill do that and let you know how it goes.

13. townsbg

townsbg Senior Member

Also you might try installing a slightly older version of the video drivers instead of the newest ones. I've had to do that for hardware compatibility related to my card. However the problem might be SP 1 especially if there was no problem before installing SP 1, but it could be hard to tell if you did both at the same time. Just thought that I'd throw that out.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2008
  14. Bman22

Bman22 Techie7 New Member

Hey,

I dont know if this thread is still active, but i have the same set-up and i cannot get Sli to work, the option doesnt come up in nVidia control panel and the second g-card in device manager says "This device cannot find enough system resources". My g-cards are BFG although that shouldn't matter because they are sli ready. Any suggestions ?