1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wireless Broadband connection

Discussion in 'Firewalls and Networks' started by OwenR, Oct 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJNafey

DJNafey UK site moderator

JimmyC, could you please post your question in a new thread (see the forum rules about "hijacking" other users' threads, which you agreed to when you registered). Thank you.

D-A-L.com Moderator Team.

2. madmikejt12

madmikejt12 Dedicated Member

hi, i was just wondering if i was to do what OwenR has done, would i not get charged extra for using a wireless connection? also would this work with wanadoo broadband (£17.99 a month)??
    Thanks, Mike

3. DJNafey

DJNafey UK site moderator

No, you won't get charged extra for going wireless - BT have got no way of knowing that you've done that anyway.

If Wanadoo give you a standard USB ADSL modem like BT do, and if you've got a network card in your PC, then I see no reason why you couldn't use this kind of setup with Wanadoo as the ISP. NTL and other cable operators, on the other hand, use different equipment.

CAN A MODERATOR PLEASE LOCK THIS THREAD NOW AS THERE HAVE BEEN FAR TOO MANY HIJACKINGS IN HERE !!

Anyone else with a question: Please post it in a new thread as per the D-A-L.com forum rules. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.