1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wireless router won't connect to internet. Script blocking problem??

Discussion in 'Firewalls and Networks' started by FrustratedHack, Mar 15, 2008.

1. FrustratedHack

FrustratedHack Techie7 New Member

My newly connected Belkin G+ wireless router is connected to my broadband modem and PC (running XP) but I cannot connect to the internet. I can ping the router but not internet addresses.

Belkin support think the problem must be some script blocking software on my PC, but cannot tell me how to either find or disable it. Scripting is enabled in the security options inside my internet settings. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Last edited: Mar 15, 2008
  2. Kaistar

Kaistar Dedicated Member

When you say Broadband router do you mean Broadband modem?

You have set things up properly right?

Mind stating the model of your Belkin router? I'll see if I can dig up info on it.

:)

3. FrustratedHack

FrustratedHack Techie7 New Member

Sorry, I meant broadband MODEM. The Belkin router is a G+ MIMO, model no. F5D9230-4

And yes, everything is set up properly. The only problem is that the internet connection will not work.

Thanks

4. MCWILSY

MCWILSY Techie7 New Member

can you ping the modem?

also try checking some of the options in the router....

i had this problem with my netgear wireless N - if you look somewhere (Sorry i only use Linksys and netgear) there may be a tick box to "Respond Ping on internet port" - that usually works for me and allows an internet connection for me.

Also can you ping an external web address?

Jack