1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yahoo just took a few minutes off my life.

Discussion in 'General Security Issues and Questions' started by paulthomasno6, Jan 25, 2008.

1. paulthomasno6

paulthomasno6 Techie7 New Member

What with this damned BHO that won't go away, I might be a little paranoid right now. But half an hour ago I tried to log on to one of my Yahoo Mail accounts and couldn't do it.
    I immediately suspected I'd been done by a hacker, because this is the account I've used for most of my online purchases. But I tried my other YM accounts too and couldn't log on there either. I don't know why, or if it was the right thing to do, but I ran Crap Cleaner and while that was doing its thing I checked my bank balances over the phone. Relief, my money is still there. Once CC was done I was able to log on to Yahoo without any hassles.
    The simple question would be, did anyone else have similar problems during the last couple of hours?

EDIT - about 24 hours later:
    Seems Australia Day was also my Evil Internet Day. I lost my connection in the middle of a download last night. Tech support at Optus helped me get it going again in about ten minutes just now, but I'm starting to wonder what's next. These things always happen in threes...

Last edited: Jan 26, 2008