1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Auto Login for IE7

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Help' started by delta, Dec 29, 2007.

1. delta

delta Established Techie7 Member

Using Vista Home Premium. Anyone know of a free auto login program that I can use with IE7?

2. Digerati

Digerati Super Moderator Techie7 Moderator

What are you trying to login into? You don't log into Windows with IE7 and as far as logging into websites automatically, IE7 will do that for you (if you have not changed your security settings) and the site you are trying to access uses cookies.

3. delta

Auto Login enables, for instance, you to store bank passwords, etc and to use one click to log in to your account. I can only find such programs that charge $20 - $30 for the purchase. It is included with Slim Browser but I want to use it with IE7.

4. Digerati

(Note - I removed your duplicate post.)

Personally, I would NEVER trust a program like that to secure my financial account information. What if someone steals your computer?

I use a password safe to store all my account and password information in an encrypted database, then I just need to refer to the safe for my data. I may use a cookie to enter my name and account number, but never do I allow it automatically enter my password - on forums, yes, but not some place that uses financial information. The program I use is SplashID for the Palm PDA and Windows. But you have to pay for it. I would be leery of any free program, unless I knew for certain the integrity of the company. Financial and personal information is just too sensitive to not ensure control.

Note the Google Toolbar will store some of that type information for you - you might want to check it out.

5. delta

You are right, of course. I always enter passwords/pins manually. Forums aren't quite the same risk and passwords can be stored. Thanks for the links, I will look at them and decide.

6. Digerati

Let us know what you decide.