1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Display probs. HELP!

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by jessicalyn, Nov 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessicalyn

jessicalyn Techie7 New Member

Computer is maybe 5 yrs old.

It is possible that something I did as far as cleaning did something....but not really sure! I am no pro as you can tell but I do not recall any one thing that I did to cause this mess.

Let me try your instructions and get back to you in a minute!
    Thank you for your patience.

2. jessicalyn

okay it says I have to find them manually by using option 1. What do you want me to choose?

3. jephree

jephree ¨*·.¸ «.·°·..·°·.» ¸.·*¨

4. jessicalyn

Okay it is deleted now.....I had to reboot and I am now downloading the link above, I'll be back in a min.

5. jessicalyn

okay it is saying 1hr 28 min.....oh and I am on dial up ...yeah I know. I'll be back when it is done.

6. jessicalyn

Okay....after all of that waiting it now says that

NVIDIA set up program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Set up will now exit.

What now?

7. jephree

Sorry I did not inquire about your connection. I tend to assume everyone is on DSL or cable. Hence that would be a two minute download.

What I would have done is a process of trial and error. There are three more drivers to try. They will be of similar size but slightly smaller.

If you want to get beyond trial and error open the computer and look at that card for an ID.

If not GeForce it might be nForce or perhaps Quadro. The latest versions are 8000 series 7, 6 ... that is what you tried.

Older boards might be 4, TNT, Riva, etc. Since you tried the latest you can try the oldest next or see if you can get a visual ID.

If you do open it up also press the card firmly into the slot just to verify its seating.

8. jessicalyn

okay...can I do this with my computer running. I don't want to get electricuted or anything! oh and about where do I look for this card?

9. jephree

10. jessicalyn

okay, here goes nothing....

11. jessicalyn

i am sorry I can't find it. Panel is off. How big is it? I don't even know what to look for. I see intel, or nanya? Is that it?

12. jephree

It is a card perpendicular to the motherboard.

Around that lower arrow in that diagram.

Your monitor is plugged into it.

If not where is your monitor plugged in?

13. jessicalyn

Moniter is plugged into a small panel but all it says on it is Nanya. Is the motherboard the large green panel flat to the back of the CPU UNIT? There is a smaller green panel that the moniter looks to be plugged into. Is that it? If so that is what reads Nanya. So sorry for the confusion.

14. jephree

Numbers? Anything? Did you look on both sides?

15. jessicalyn

pn technologiesinc GF2MX20032SAGP

16. jessicalyn

and also nanya....like I say it is a green borad about 6 x 3 inches?

17. jessicalyn

any other ideas?

18. jessicalyn

and yes I ckd both sides ...I even had my husband look.

19. jephree

20. jessicalyn

okay I am downloading that now. Hopefully that wil work. It is now saying 1 he 15 min.....until then...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.