1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no system recovery or restore

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help' started by debslabs, Jul 23, 2007.

1. debslabs

debslabs Techie7 New Member

I brought a zxr computer tower with windows xp at Computers and more.
    I had a trojan on the computer and my husband tried everything while I was
    at work and nothing helped. So he got out the windows xp disc and went
    about reinstalling windows. It got worse. My windows xp home also has
    SP2 on it. I took it down to computers and more and he said he would have to reinstall windows and the reason it did not work was because there is another disc with the drivers and only and expert could do it. Another ? I have is is there not a system recovery and system restore built right into windows, the guy at the store said no. I believe there is but how can I enable them?

Thank You

Debslabs

I forgot to hit that anyone could email me
    sheedlodeb@yahoo.com

2. spud

spud D-A-L Team Member (UK)

welcome to dal the online computer help forum you most certainly do have windows restore built in to your machine you can find it following this link

start then all programs then go to accessories then system tools then down the bottom there you should find system restore

the professional was half right in saying that if your copy of xp is the home version you will not have a little microsoft piece of software called " system back up2 as this can only be found on the xp pro version

hope this helps
    please get back to me for more help and if you are still having probs let me know and i can either move this thread to the spyware forum for the experts to look at or you can start a fresh thread there thanks spud

3. owen

owen D-A-L Team Member (UK)

With the sounds of that post, it seemed like the guy at the store kept telling you half truths. It is true that you need a Windows disc to reinstall Windows which you have and a driver disk to put drivers on for things like graphics and audio when XP has been installed. However, you should have been given a drivers disk and drivers are readily available on the internet. So he has told you a half truth. And then saying it requires an expert is a lie!