1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for Award Bios update?

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by Matconco, May 21, 2007.

1. Matconco

Matconco Techie7 New Member

BIOS type:Award Modular BIOS v6OOPG
    Chipset Intel Whitney 82810 rev 3
    Pentium III 633 mhz
    Platform Winxp

Does anybody have a link?

2. brain_damage

brain_damage D-A-L Team Member (UK)

Hi and welcome to D-A-L :clap:

are you having problems?

3. Matconco

I just got off the phone with Award they have built a new BIOS package and they do want to charge for it. My old BIOS Award v1.5 worked great and was a lot faster than this one. You might say minor problems every time I go on line my internet setting change it can get aggravating sometimes. So if you have a link for the old Award v1.5 please post it.

4. brain_damage

brain_damage D-A-L Team Member (UK)

is the CMOS battery dead?

is the clock keeping good time, have you tried resetting the BIOS by clearing jumpers?

flashing the BIOS is a very risky thing to do, if there's any interuption halfway through you motherboard will be scrap

5. Matconco

Brain damage thank you for your comments but my clock is fine My cmos battery has been removed and replaced. I know at this point the problem is the new BIOS and Award wants to sell me a new BIOS when my old one worked ten times as good as their new one. I do not think so.

6. jephree

jephree ¨*·.¸ «.·°·..·°·.» ¸.·*¨

Your motherboard manufacturer will have your latest BIOS.

There would be no charge.

7. Matconco

Brain damage when I checked Microstar said they no longer support this configuration as far as updates.

8. Matconco

If I am wrong I will gladly admit it give me link that works to get it free from Award or Microstar and I wll openly post that you helped me and I was wrong.

9. jephree

You can try CPU_Z for the details on your motherboard.

If there are no newer BIOS upgrades then that is the end of the BIOS line.

If you are saying you upgraded your BIOS then now want to downgrade it this is another question.

If you upgraded already why did you? So you are asking how to downgrade?

Again your motherboard manufacturer will have the BIOS downloads for you motherboard free of charge.

10. Matconco

Brain damage I had Win 98 then upgraded to winxp then my computer was wiped out by a hacker even though I had CA security and windows firewall. My original recovery disk was damaged so I had to get a loan of one. Now I run a dual boot system with win98 as back up so if winxp is damagec I can rebuild it from win98. The original version of the BiOS was Award v1.5 they no longer offer a download that I can find.

11. jephree

I am not brain_damage.

I was just trying to add to this thread.

In general a BIOS and Windows have nothing in common.

Your BIOS informs your basic hardware to work with your motherboard.

If you ID your motherboard you will find the latest BIOS and also past BIOS'.

No motherboard manufacturer charges for BIOS downloads.

12. Dan Penny

Dan Penny Staff Techie7 Moderator

Have a look here;

http://www.bios-drivers.com/companies/671.htm

or here;

http://www.bios-drivers.com/companies/147.htm?acd=3&rvd=5&thx=9&bng=7&o=5

Keep in mind that a Win 2000 reference will most likely work just fine for XP.

Also ensure any reference model etc numbers are correct (ie; MS-6215, etc.) BEFORE you implement the flash.

I've done many bios flashes and have had no problems, but I still advocate thorough research as to the correct one for your motherboard, and don't do it during a storm. ;>)

13. Matconco

Thank you to Dan Penney for the info I will check it out I know exactly what my motherboard is and what worked the best in the past. Matconco