1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows BSOD Stop Code of 00000050

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help' started by AphJN, May 11, 2007.

1. AphJN

AphJN Dedicated Member

I can not figure out what this code means. I wish I could get you the entire file for the debug, but I am using my Mum-inlaw's computer just to post this much. My wife's computer is the one dying and its now down to just the stop code 50. I have removed or commented out all but a few startup items left, and those that are left are necessary for the printer and wireless keyboard to work. (Lexmark and Logitech)

The machine is a thoroughly rebuilt with extra known good parts. Here is the list:

Intel 945GCZ MB
    Intel 940 Pentium D
    Antec Pro Power 550 PSU
    Dell BTX Case
    Dell 533 DDR2 Ram (Replaced 3 times!!!)
    WD 80Gig HDD (Replaced 2 times)
    eVGA 7600GS PCI-e card
    PCI Modem

The OS has been reloaded 4 times.

I do not get a BSOD when in safemode

When I am reloading the OS, its not until I have installed about half the applications that it starts to BSOD with random codes.

As I said above, I now have almost all the startup files removed or rem'd out so that its down to what is absolutly needed to start windows or some perceived critical drivers/load up programs for the use of the Keyboard, AV, FW, or printer.

Any help would be great. I am mostly a Hardware Trouble shooter and software gives me the willies. Again, Thanks for your help.

Andy

1 person likes this.
  2. jose guemes

jose guemes Techie7 New Member

Format your HD. (Erase all) .Unfortunatelly it seems you got a bad bug.
    In the renew OS, install a GOOD antivirus; (NOD 32, or Mc Affe,) and a superb utility: System Mechanic 6 or the last version 7 wich you can download from Fileratings.com After you have tryed this, please let me know, ( Try to plug in a Standard key board, not wireless, just to discard a disfunction of this unit) Once again, keep in touch. Regards, Jose.

3. brain_damage

brain_damage D-A-L Team Member (UK)

4. jephree

jephree ¨*·.¸ «.·°·..·°·.» ¸.·*¨

Also have you checked the Event Viewer for any additional details?

You could as well copy the dumps to floppy or CD then run the debugger on another computer.

Running chkdsk /f from a command prompt or chkdsk /r from the Recovery Console in general is a good idea after BSOD's.

The full dumps would be the most informative.