1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Merry christmas

Discussion in 'Chat Room' started by madmikejt12, Dec 19, 2006.

1. Tassie Devil

Tassie Devil DAL Aussie Contingent

Thanks Dal for the offer. I have 250mb at freehostia + numerous other small ones.
    Dan I hope you don't mind me downloading your music to have a listen to?

2. madmikejt12

madmikejt12 Dedicated Member

my webspace:

Used: 477.5 Kb
    Available: 41.4 Mb

lol..... like i said, its only web pages

3. paulthomasno6

paulthomasno6 Techie7 New Member

Did anyone else see the "D!!k In A Box" song clip on youtube? It's been removed because NBC hadn't given permission for its use, but with any luck someone has nabbed a copy and it will turn up on the web.
    It was an absolute riot, two white rappers giving their ladies something really special.

Try this link:http://www.milkandcookies.com/links/55184/

Just in case you don't get the drift from my comments above, this clip is not exactly G-rated.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2006
  4. Dan Penny

Dan Penny Staff Techie7 Moderator

Wow, where do you folks find all this webspace? 42MB, 250MB!!?? I pay approx. $55.00 CDN per month for the ADSL service (which includes the modem @ $5.00/mon, and the 25MB space (they now give only 10MB on signup, I was one of the 'early ones')). It can vary depending on how many people I point to files on the space, and how many download files from there. It adds a couple of cents (I guess) each time someone accesses/downloads from the site. The highest it's every gone was about $65.00 one time.

Is this webspace free? Is it 'secure'? Dal, should I pursue this route instead of costing/burdening you?

Tassie, feel free. The material isn't copyrighted (not that it's worthy of that), but I've been informed by others to be careful of this, which is why I don't leave it 'up for grabs' for long. But I'm sure I can prove it's my material if it comes down to it. I have all my hand-written sheets of timings, chords and lyrics etc, and all the master tapes.

5. madmikejt12

i get mine from www.freewebs.com (and yes, its free) and you get a www.freewebs.com/[your chosen name] web adress.... dont know what the maximum size for one file is...

6. Tassie Devil

Tassie Devil DAL Aussie Contingent

I get mine here Dan. http://www.freehostia.com/ and it is free with 5gb per month transfer. So people would have to do an awful lot of file downloads to use your limit.

As for your material not being worthy of copyright, I disagree. I absolutely love Skyrover. It immediately brought to mind a romantic type setting with that playing in the background. Pursuit of Joy is great too, more uptempo.
    Put it this way i'd sit and listen to you guys any day in a performance. [​IMG]

7. madmikejt12

yeah me too :) i think its great..... hope you dont mind me downloading it :rolleyes:

8. jephree

jephree ¨*·.¸ «.·°·..·°·.» ¸.·*¨

[youtube]QH7XRpLIdxo[/youtube]

9. d-a-l

d-a-l Techie7 Administrator Staff Member Techie7 Chief

Sorry for the late reply guys!

LOL that was brilliant, very funny.

Yep webspace is fine guys I am happy to provide it for you. the address to use in Smart FTP etc is ftp.d-a-l.com I will PM you a user name and password Dan, anyone else want one? just let me know and I'll do the same. If you have a domain and want your own domain/space thats fine, just tell me the domain name and point the Nameserver tags at my server which is ns1.xcalibre.co.uk and ns2.xcalibre.co.uk

The space won't be limited but if you can keep your space used under 500Mb each that would be great.

10. DJDK

DJDK Techie7 New Member

Hope everyone has a nice christmas, and not too much last min shopping

11. Kazna3

Kazna3 Techie7 New Member

Hey folks here's to all of ya: http://home.att.net/~hideaway_today/t041/xmas_santa.swf

LOL. Get in the Xmas mood!!
    I hope you all have a wonderful time and you and your families are safe and sound with happiness all around [​IMG]

#Special thanks to all the Mods for perfectly keeping this excellent place up and running and being so friendly and benign.
    #Extended thanks to Jephree all round. I've gotta say, phenomenal work fella!
    #Even more to the chief here, who makes all this possible and for being humble and corresponding perfectly with us with much extra than is required, D-A-L

[​IMG]

Also, to anyone who gave me a rep point [​IMG]

Have a brill Xmas people, enjoy & make the most of what you have!!

Best wishes.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. Dan Penny

Dan Penny Staff Techie7 Moderator

Thank you for the kind musical words Tassie, Mike. (And for the Pavlova 'description' Tassie.)

Thank You DAL. I'd feel more comfortable with this site for file storage. Plus it it may (in some way?) expose more people to this site. (I understand that this is a good thing?) I'm still an infant when it comes to networking, websites. etc.) Domain,,, is this the house where I live? :wacko:

" keep your space used under 500Mb each " !! How do you textually represent some one falling off their chair fainting? No problem there DAL. I've been used to 25MB for the last five or six years.

Thank You once again.

13. d-a-l

d-a-l Techie7 Administrator Staff Member Techie7 Chief

No probs Dan, Merry Christmas all!

14. AphJN

AphJN Dedicated Member

I feel a little embarrassed to even ask if I could also have a DAL FTP login since I haven't been around much recently. I have been having to use Flash drives to Xfr files to my clients.

Thank you for this Christmas present, that is if you could?

Andy

15. paulthomasno6

paulthomasno6 Techie7 New Member

Hello everyone! I'm currently in Melbourne, where it's been summer as usual - that is, rain and cloudy skies. Christmas Day was grey and wet. I went for a walk along the beach and pretty much had it to myself except for the seagulls.
    Glad you enjoyed the clip D-A-L. I thought I should probably have posted it in the Adults Only section; unfortunately, I didn't have that thought until I was about 30.000 feet above Esperance. That was before a friend's 12 year old daughter showed me some of her favourite clips from youtube. Bimbo Nation was a bit of an eye-opener!