1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

does anyone have the sony ericsson w810i?

Discussion in 'Handheld Computing Help' started by madmikejt12, Dec 16, 2006.

1. madmikejt12

madmikejt12 Dedicated Member

Hi, does anyone else have a problem with their sony ericsson freezing/restarting VERY often?

is it just my phone? its been in for repair once, solved nothing

dows anyone have a w810i that is actualy fully working??

Mike

2. Kaistar

Kaistar Dedicated Member

i am using the w810i. it does restart once in awhile. but... no it doesnt happen often. it happens to me only when i try to access my 2gb card after switching it.

3. madmikejt12

Thanks for the reply, it did it with my 512mb card alot, i now have a 2gb card which didnt change anything.... 1 example, i tried to send a text last night, got half way through (and im not a slow texter), it restarted... tried again... same happened.... i tried about 8 times before giving up and its still doing it now!!! well, this time it has froze..

if it was once a day i wouldnt mind... i'l take it back again in the christmas holidays

4. Kazna3

Kazna3 Techie7 New Member

I have one myself but I don't use it for the regular reasons of songs etc.
    More business orientated to be honest.
    I've not found a problem with it yet, although your getting me anxious 8-[

If yur on O2 you may want to update the W810i with the latest firmware (R4CK003).

Here's more cases: case 1 A list of faults

5. GPG

GPG Techie7 New Member

Had mine for a while now and not really experienced any problems, only when transferring memory cards it can sometimes freeze.

Great phone

6. madmikejt12

ive heard someone else say that (one of the posts above and on another fourum)!! but i dont change cards... just leave my 2gig in.....

im on o2 (was on orange... my o2 card worked without getting it unlocked so i use that... same problem with orange though)

and ive updated the firmware from the update service thing i downloaded from them... i have the latest version (i re-installed it anyway)

i will take it back in the holidays... after about three times of unsucessful repairs, they might give me a new one or my money back

7. Kaistar

Kaistar Dedicated Member

mine's an unbranded phone. and well like what madmike said you can try upgrading the firmware either through Sony Ericsson's Update Service or through your phone's function. might take a short while though.

8. madmikejt12

took it back today, they said they have to repair it.... i will get it back 2 weeks into january :ninja::eek:

9. madmikejt12

phoned them thursday asked if it was ready they said yes so i went up on friday and they said it wasnt ready :eek::eek::eek::eek:

10. madmikejt12

after being in repair for a month for the second time, i got my phone back last night. This morning, it has already froze!!!! so its going back tonight with the reciepts and a quote from the "trading standards" and i am not leaving without a phone (new or current, they are not repairing it again!!) or refund!!!

Edit- if i come out without a new phone or replacement, im taking my mum or my nan (preferably my nan because my mum would give up far too easily)

11. Kaistar

Kaistar Dedicated Member

haha. take your nan. screw them inside out if you get what i mean. doesnt make sense for that to happen. and it's quite common that at times customers arent taken serious until they start to threaten and all.

12. Kazna3

My nephew had this phone and has now returned it to pay a little extra for a W900 - which is so far v. good as he says :D

13. Kaistar

Kaistar Dedicated Member

haha. huge difference in price in Malaysia. one thing about W900 which really makes me drool is it supports the bluetooth headset. sigh. the one meant for music.

W810i surprisingly does not. and i'm a huge music junkie. dang.

14. Kazna3

I went to Sumatra a week back for a business visit and crossed over to Kelang for a day but had no time for window shopping :(

15. madmikejt12

went back today, they are replacing it. got to collect it on wednsday or friday

16. Kazna3

With the same model?

17. madmikejt12

yes, i asked for a replacement meaning the same phone because i like that phone and i have a 2gb memory card for it!! lol

18. delta

delta Established Techie7 Member

So what's the outcome?

19. madmikejt12

Got the replacement... going back today, getting a different model!! (well trying)

everytime you shake it slightly or knock it or even plug the headphones in it goes off!!!

20. delta

delta Established Techie7 Member

Replacement or refund long overdue. Remember my tips. Good luck!