1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new ie 7 problems

Discussion in 'General Security Issues and Questions' started by spud, Nov 6, 2006.

1. spud

spud D-A-L Team Member (UK)

i have just installed the new ie 7 and started using msn about the same time

the problems i ma havibg ius that is msn is set as my home page but i want to change which i do through the tools/internet options/set as homepage but as soon as i close the browser and reopen it it is back on msn homepage

also when i try and use a search engine other that windows live tool bar the computer tells me there has been an error then it closes down ie 7 i did not have any probs with the old ie

i know i can use system restore to uninstall ie7 but it is going to be a windows update release in the very near future so i anm going to have to use it in the end

any help would be appreciated

2. Tassie Devil

Tassie Devil DAL Aussie Contingent

From what I've read Spud there are a number of reasons some people can't change it. Nortons, spybot S & D and some other av's & firewalls will restore it unless you change it in that particular program.
    Only other workaround I saw was people booting to safemode, changing it and booting back to normal and it will stay there then. [​IMG]