1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zig Zag.

Discussion in 'General Security Issues and Questions' started by Zig Zag, Aug 23, 2006.

1. Zig Zag

Zig Zag Techie7 New Member

Hi Folks. I'm a newbe at this pewta' stuff, the unit is a little over 2 months old and having a problem with Outlook Express,'it wont send or receive.' Internet Explorer is fine and I can send to websites. Once I managed to prepare an email offline and had it ready to send at next log on. It went within the first few seconds, but then the problem occured again, the Log on box keeps poping up asking for my user name and password which keeps getting rejected.
    I have been into the proxy server and reset user name & password, to no avail. Also I get MS error messages no 0x800CCC90 & 92. I am on Dialup, and have recently changed my ISP, the problem started after I changed my log on settings via phone talk through with the new ISP tecnician. I went on line straight away and was all Ok, but next day when I tried to log on, no go. I've tried to clean out all the bits of the previous ISP but there may be scraps of it hanging round. Also have used C Cleaner and done a restore back to the last OK log on. No joy in that either. I'm using AVG7 commercial version with the ewido firewall built in.
    Also tried installing Firefox, no difference. Tried mail2web, that didnt work either but got a message from them to say there was a problem with the ISP log on ? I got a message from the ISP to say my user name & password were correct, and have three trys then I'm out, which was correct. It's probably a settings fault but I'm at the end of my limited knowhow. Can anyone help please ? Black

2. Zig Zag

Zig Zag Techie7 New Member

Hi Folks.
    I wrote earlier, 23/08/'06 about a whole heap of obscure little hassels with Outlook Express. Finally solved the problem by purchasing Scan DBX which detected a faulty download of my AVG7 updates, which was cleaned up in less than 30 seconds.
    Hope this news can help someone else sometime.
    Over & out. ZZ.

3. jephree

jephree ¨*·.¸ «.·°·..·°·.» ¸.·*¨

Thanks for the update and the tip!

:rockon: