1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

~7583836889.tmp????

Discussion in 'General Security Issues and Questions' started by hazmt, Jun 13, 2004.

1. hazmt

hazmt Techie7 New Member

Hi, every time i start up my computer i get an error message, it says

Explorer has caused an error in
    ~7583836889.TMP.
    Explorer will now close.

If you continue to experience problems,
    try restarting your computer.

And if you close or exit it everything disapears except the backround. I downloaded and used spybot but it didnt work. Any ideas? Advice? Thanks.

2. Rainbow32

Rainbow32 Techie7 New Member

Try running the Crap Cleaner in safe mode with the default settings, don't change anything in the program unless you know what your doing, then restart your computer.
    http://www.ccleaner.com/

3. jephree

jephree ¨*·.¸ «.·°·..·°·.» ¸.·*¨

this is a known virus

google

it is recommended to try CWShreader

here

as well as run a full virus scan

here

4. Rainbow32

Rainbow32 Techie7 New Member

What's the name of this known virus?

5. jephree

jephree ¨*·.¸ «.·°·..·°·.» ¸.·*¨

the noname virus :D

actually it is refered to as a "parasite" in most of the links found at google in my last post. i don't know if there is a difference. it appears to be a common annoying occurence. ;)

parasite link

here

"Call it what you may, depending on small differences in the function of the malicious code — adware, spyware, hijackers, automatic diallers — some of it intentionally if misguidedly installed, some of it foisted on you without your awareness — the invaders don’t qualify as viruses but, at least in a few cases, they are as destructive and as compromising of your privacy and your computer security."

Last edited: Jun 27, 2004
  6. CONFUSED

CONFUSED Techie7 New Member

In addition to Spybot, you might try the spyware stopper that Spybot recommends. I have had no problems with adware/spyware etc since using it. To find it, either go through Spybot Advanced or simply search for Spyware Stopper. It's a freebie too.