1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Putting music on websites

Discussion in 'Web Development Help' started by hope, Jun 10, 2004.

1. hope

hope Techie7 New Member

hi,

i am a beginner at this but i have come to the stage where i need
    to put music on a website. i don't know what the best way to do
    this is.

anybody out there that knows?

hope :eek:

2. d-a-l

d-a-l Techie7 Administrator Staff Member Techie7 Chief

Hi

It depends how long the music clip is and for what purpose it is going to be. For example if it was going to be introduction or backgroud music for the site and you had it in say MP3 format then Macromedia Flash would be a great way to do this. Let mw know how you want the music to work on the site and I'll do my best to help you out.

3. hope

hope Techie7 New Member

hi,
    thanks for your help. what i am doing is putting mp3s of songs
    or portions of songs on a page of a site. if one clicks on the
    song, it would play for them on their desired player .. i don't
    want to embed a realplayer or do it in real format. mp3s when
    clicked will play!

thanks,
    hn

4. d-a-l

d-a-l Techie7 Administrator Staff Member Techie7 Chief

Hey,

I would say then that the most user friendly way to do this would be to have the MP3 clips in Flash Players. The only limitation with this is that the user needs Flash enabled in their browser, which the majority of users do have. Even if they do not have flash installed it takes just a minute or to to istall it. FOr instance this site uses Flash in the header of the page where the screen flashes.

For an example of placing MP3 clips in Flash Players go to www.flashkit.com and click on Sound Loops from the header menu. After selecting a genre of music you will see what I mean a little more clearly.

Don't hesitate to post back if you need more info.

5. puterno

puterno Techie7 New Member