1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ZoneAlarm blocking multiple ips all at once

Discussion in 'Firewalls and Networks' started by PlatinumMoto, Feb 21, 2006.

1. PlatinumMoto

PlatinumMoto Techie7 New Member

Possible Hacker Attempts, Spyware???

Not sure where to post this please move if incorrect.

Today ZoneAlarm Pro is blocking multiple attempts from multiple IPS/DNS's on an average day it blocks probably 10-12 we'll say it's blocked probably around 30 to 40 in 20 minutes, what's going on I've scanned my computer with AVG (newest updates) and Spyware Doctor, the results show nothing.

help!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2006
  2. PlatinumMoto

just now from the time of this post to now it's block 150 attacks (alerts)

3. PlatinumMoto

4. PlatinumMoto

I've traced most of them they're from everywhere, but what would make all these people want to connect to me I've never had this problem before?

5. jephree

jephree ¨*·.¸ «.·°·..·°·.» ¸.·*¨

6. PlatinumMoto

well I've traced the last three and they all go throught washington dc and then the trail ends so to speak but I'm not sure what's going on I've traced almost all the ones that have tried and they're coming from everywhere, why now would all of these people try to get into my computer?

7. PlatinumMoto

last night my cable modem went offline for an hour or so, but then when I woke up this morning it was working fine, but now like I said I've had tons of people ZoneAlarm has blocked probably 500 - 800 attempts by now, that's crazy.

8. PlatinumMoto

do you wanna see ZoneAlarms log?

9. jephree

Sure. Post as an attachment if it is long .....................

10. PlatinumMoto

Here's the log.

11. PlatinumMoto

Why didn't it post I uploaded it?

12. jephree

Don't know. Maybe too big?

Put it in a regular post between [ code ] log [/code] without the spaces I used

13. PlatinumMoto

do I need to use a hosting site or can I upload it directly from my computer?

14. jephree

You should be able to upload direct.

Attach Files. Manage Attachments. Browse (your computer).

You should get an error if there is a problem.

15. PlatinumMoto

ZoneAlarm log

Last edited: Feb 22, 2006
  16. jephree

http://www.utimaco.us/lists/comp_security/2001-10/msg_898e932962753643.htm

More:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=UDP+FWIN&btnG=Search

17. PlatinumMoto

it seems like there's got to be spyware running on my computer even though I scanned it with Spyware doctor, because if you look in the log you'll see msnbot, googlebot, stuff like that, what do you use to fight spyware again?

apparently spyware doctor isn't working.

18. PlatinumMoto

the only thing that is running is my network adapter which it should be the loopback adapter, and then another ip 64.12.25.137, 64.12.165.87 and then a few of these 64.215.164.58 and 59

19. jephree

20. PlatinumMoto

hmm, so what do you think I should do, I don't think I can renew my ip and like I said I've never had this many "intrusions" before which worried me, I've got an ftp client which I don't use hardly ever and a torrent client, that's it, no other downloading programs.

And last night I was changing the ports of the torrent client to get better speeds and then my internet went out or down or something and then like I said I went to bed and woke up and it worked again, but now I have all these intrusions.

should I get new spyware software, I've got Lavasoft Ad-aware somewhere but I stopped using it because spyware doctor was supposed to be number 1 ranked.