1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yahoo Messenger - won't let me sign in

Discussion in 'General Security Issues and Questions' started by ScrappyKi, Dec 27, 2005.

1. ScrappyKi

ScrappyKi Techie7 New Member

All of a sudden, I cannot access my Yahoo Messenger. It pops up the sign on screen, then I sign in but it immediately flashes from "Welcome ScrappyKi" to grey sleeping smilie with my contact list greyed out.

I have tried to reboot. Remove and reinstall. Changed the firewall/proxy choices (i.e. no proxies, use proxies, firewall no proxies, firewall use proxies) with no luck.

I'm at a loss!!!

2. jephree

jephree ¨*·.¸ «.·°·..·°·.» ¸.·*¨

Did you try a System Restore? Probably too late now if you uninstalled/reinstalled YM.

When you uninstall it is very important to not only use the Uninstall feature but to then do a Search from start/search/yahoo and delete all finds. Then run a registry cleaner and remove all Yahoo entries as well as all green light issues. Here is a good free cleaner:

http://www.hoverdesk.net/freeware.htm

After all that reboot the machine then try to reinstall the messenger.

3. sboy2000

sboy2000 Techie7 New Member

Try resetting your Internet explorer. Go to internet explorer tools, click internet options, click the advance tab, and click reset exploring settings tab. this should work. Good luck.