1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to find a BIOS update for Award Modular bios V6.00 PG

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by IdahoFella21, May 26, 2005.

1. IdahoFella21

IdahoFella21 Techie7 New Member

If there was a way I could save it and send it to you..it seems tobe like my board so far..and if it is my board it answers aother question I had thinking to myself..how much is the max memory I can put it..according to that manuel its 2Gb if I get a pic ill take a pic with my digital camra and show it to ya

EDIT: This is as close to a pic that this manuel has of the motherboard
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 27, 2005
  2. IdahoFella21

OK I compared the two pics together and also looked inside my comp for the things I cant see...they seem to be EXACT...the CMOS the CPU and all that fun stuff..so the thing that confuses me it says u need to use a win 95 or win 98 bootup disk..I have win xp so how do I do that since I have niether win 95 or 98 diskettes

EDIT: Thanks for all the help..I just have a few questions...I have to go and buy some floppy disks since I dont have any..but I still dont understand about the whole win 95 or win 98 thing..I have a win xp restoration disk that I use to refomat my windows and all..and thats about hte only boot up disk I have but its a CD ROM and not a floppy LOL

Last edited: May 27, 2005
  3. jephree

jephree ¨*·.¸ «.·°·..·°·.» ¸.·*¨

Put a floppy in drive then right click A: under My Computer
    Then choose Format...
    Then choose Create a MS-DOS Startup disk.

4. jephree

I am posting the instructions so we dont need to keep referring back to that site:

5. IdahoFella21

I am still a little confused on the whole it saying two diskettes needed..do I just need to format one disk and make it ms dos start up and then with another disk put those files onto it?

6. jephree

Yes... The start up disk is needed to initiate a command promt.

>>>You will come to an A: prompt. Remove the first diskette.

A:_

This will enable the board to read the files off the BIOS floppy.

Many flash systems integrate these steps but apparently not this one.

7. IdahoFella21

WEll thats great...my floppy isnt working..bought new diska nd all and it wont format it..the floppy drive on this comp hasnt been used for 4 years....no way I can do it without a floppy is there?

8. jephree

Do you get an error message?
    Can you use the drive at all?
    Copy files to diskette?
    Can you clean the drive?
    Canned air?

9. IdahoFella21

It just says error cannot format disk...and I bought the disks from the store already formatted..but when I try to click on it it says disk isnt formated..so I go and format it then it says it cannot format it...and sometimes it will say its write protected and the tab isnt in the lock position. The drive and all is all clean as far as I can tell and all. Maybe I need to see if I can find someone with a spare floppy drive I can put in my comp to test it out. I guess for now I cant do anything...dang and it was going so well LOL

10. jephree

Can you write to the floppy drive at all?

If you can write to floppy (just cannot format) try a bootdisk here:

http://www.bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm

11. IdahoFella21

Thanks Jephree yu been such agreat help. I had a friend bring over his floppy and it worked just fine..I just thnk my floppy is old and prob gone or something. Oh well FLopps dont cost much to get a new one. I did get my bios upgraded...pretty easy acutally LOL its now 6/02/2002 instead of the 11/??/2001 LOL no more crashes thought saying that its because of my bios so I think it worked! *crosses fingers* thanks this site is awsome and such a great help!! I been telling everyone how helpful all of you all are!

12. jephree

kewl :cool:

Glad you got things going! I enjoyed the research on your board :D

Let us know if we can help further in the future!

[​IMG]