1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MAC vs Microsoft

Discussion in 'Alternative Operating System Help' started by Chris kandaba, Sep 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris kandaba

Chris kandaba Established Techie7 Member

Hi

I have been asked to srevice some macintosh computers.
    Questions:
    Is there any majoy difference I should be aware of between a PC running Microsoft software and a Mac PC?

What Operating system do Macs use and does it differ alot to windows?

Any help appreciated....

Chris

2. DJNafey

DJNafey UK site moderator

Modern Apple Macs use MacOS - not sure if they all do but that's the only Macintosh operating system I've heard of recently.

I would assume that the hardware would be similar, other than the fact that Mackintoshs have the base unit and the monitor in one unit.

As for software, I would think it's similar - they can run special versions of Microsoft Office for example. Should be a Graphical User Interface similar to Windows but it's very much like saying "is Linux like Windows?". For someone who's used to it, I'm sure it's just as easy and does all the same things ...... but for someone like you or me looking at it for the first time, it's probably pretty difficult to work out how to administer it yourself.

I've never used MacOS or Linux though - maybe someone else can give you some more informed advice. Personally, I'd steer well clear of it with no experience.

3. owen

owen D-A-L Team Member (UK)

4. xenix1000xp

xenix1000xp Guest

I think you should download a macintosh emulator and get a better experience and feel of a macintosh. here is a link www.emulators.com

5. Chris kandaba

Chris kandaba Established Techie7 Member

Thanks for all the info folks it's been a great help.

6. DJNafey

DJNafey UK site moderator

This thread has been Resolved and has been locked to prevent other users hijacking the thread and to help others know which threads have been Resolved and which are still being worked on.

If you started this thread and the problem returns or the case has not been properly Resolved, please send a Private Message to an Administrator or a Moderator of this forum to have the thread opened again. If you have a different problem, please start a new thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.