1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MS09.DLL file

Discussion in 'Older Windows Versions' started by Nellie, Aug 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nellie

Nellie Techie7 New Member

Good Morning:

When I start my computer I get the following:
    You are missing MS09.DLL file.

Where can I find this file, and since I have no clue where it would be located in my files, is it a self installing file?

2. DJNafey

DJNafey UK site moderator

It appears that it's looking for a Microsoft Office 2000 startup file.

Microsoft do not recommend installing Office 2000 with Windows 98. It is a very unstable combination - I've seen it cause me lots of problems when I've installed it on Windows 98 PCs in my office.

The error might be cause because you have 'Office Startup' in your startup folder. To remove that (I doesn't do much useful), click on your Start Menu, then Programs, then expand the Startup menu folder. It will show you some items that are run when Windows loads. If 'Office Startup' is in there, right-click that entry and select 'Delete'.

Reboot. Has the error gone?

If it has, then that please note that that was just a temporary solution to avoid the error when you start up every time. You may find that you've also got other errors in Office applications such as Word and Excel.

The full solution to repair all Office 2000 errors would be to insert your original CD, run the Setup program and choose the 'Repair' or 'Re-install' option when it appears.

Let us know how you get on so that we can close this thread once it is fixed - thanks :)

3. Nellie

Nellie Techie7 New Member

Good Morning:

I don't have Office 2000 on my computer, since as I understand, it is not compatible with 98SE. I have noticed that when I click on an icon, some do not work. I have to right click, and then "open." Might that be a problem.

I do not have MS09.DLL on my computer. Where might I obtain this file....and is it self extracting?

Thanks,
    Nellie

4. DJNafey

DJNafey UK site moderator

Well that's strange because MS09.DLL is basically the "MicroSoft Office 9 DLL" file (where version 9 means Office 2000).

Do you have any of these Microsoft programs in the 2000 version? -

Works or Works Suite
    Word
    Excel
    Access
    Outlook
    Frontpage
    Project
    Autoroute

If not, then I can't see any reason why your PC wants to use MS09.DLL as soon as it starts up. Could be something sinister trying to run and simply giving it the file that it currently can't find might not be the best idea.

5. Tina

Tina Techie7 New Member

Hello, I have the same problem but with a different file. Someone told me to try this site. www.dll-files.com It has all of the dll files that can be downloaded.

6. davidcopper

davidcopper Techie7 New Member

hi,
    [spam link removed by admin]

u can go to this site...this will help in case of missing or for downloading dll's or also if there is errors in dll's..!
    I also registered few dll's from this site...worked in my case :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2011
  7. Dan Penny

Dan Penny Staff Techie7 Moderator

davidcopper,

Look at the date of the post(s).

This thread has been closed due to inactivity from the original poster.

If you started this thread and the problem returns, or, the case has not been properly resolved, please send a Private Message to a Moderator to have the thread opened again. If you have a different problem, please start a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.