1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dal Online Hardware Scan Help

Discussion in 'General Hardware Issues' started by d-a-l, Aug 26, 2004.

1. numbskull

numbskull Techie7 New Member

My graphics card, the driver displayed is for a standard graphics accelerator.

2. jephree

jephree ¨*·.¸ «.·°·..·°·.» ¸.·*¨

Right click My Computer then click Manage then Device Manager

Then click the + next to Display Adapter

What is listed?

3. numbskull

numbskull Techie7 New Member

Standard VGA Graphics Adapter.
    Test My Hardware says the adapter is RDPDD Chained DD.
    Mainboard is AGP PCI IMB USB i2c/SMBus

My prob is a map program & the mouse acts like a temporary eraser on the image before full image is restored. I thought the prob might be the graphics adapter

Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
  4. jephree

Do you have some indication that you have a graphics card other than an embedded VGA?

Can you detail your problem?

Is this some new issue? Did you reinstall Windows or upgrade to Windows 7?

If the latter did you check Windows Updates?

5. jephree

Just to note: editing your post gives no indication of a reply so one would never notice it without a look back.

If all worked well prior to an upgrade to Windows 7 try Windows Update.

Although not usually recommended for drivers in this case many manufacturers teamed up with Microsoft to add Windows 7 Graphics Updates via Windows Update.

6. sulkybarrel

sulkybarrel Techie7 New Member

:eek:fftopic:Sorry I posted in the wrong forum and couldnt delete the message

Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  7. MrDioji

MrDioji Techie7 New Member

I just have a simple question. For my results, it says "Maximum Memory Capacity: 4.00 GB"

This just means what I have installed right?

I have 2x2GB and am going to purchase 2x4GB and want to make sure my laptop will read it. My specs say max supported is 8GB, but I don't know if I have to tweak anything first. Its a Toshiba Satellite u405-s2918 with Intel GM45 Chipset.

8. townsbg

townsbg Senior Member

According to the system specs it can handle up to 8 gb however you must make sure that you have the 64 bit version of either Vista or 7. Without that windows will only be able to use about 4. It says that it comes with Vista 64 bit but if I where you I'd check. To do so right click on computer and select properties. Across from system type look for it to say 32 or 64 bit operating system.

I don't know why your scan says a max of 4 gb. Mine says a max of 4 but that is truly all mine can handle. How much is installed is listed as Total Current Physical Memory.

9. MrDioji

MrDioji Techie7 New Member

I have Windows 7 64-bit

10. townsbg

townsbg Senior Member

You know I don't know why you would need that much. As far as I'm concerned most people shouldn't need more than 2 (much less 4) unless they run multiple, large programs at once. 7 is even better at managing memory than Vista.

If you watch task manager you should get a good idea of how much ram is being used. If you are no where near your physical limit then adding more memory probably won't help performance. In that case your only improvement would be if you happen to get faster memory. Adding more memory would only help if you are regularly maxing it out which I can't imagine happening under most circumstances.

11. PcTestCard.com

PcTestCard.com Established Techie7 Member

nice feature! thanks!