1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

external harddrive.. can i put

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by Kizzmit5, Jan 7, 2005.

1. Kizzmit5

Kizzmit5 Established Techie7 Member

:( i did the test and it said no floppy disk available. :( I tried one from hitachi and there was another one that said I should check the HDD Power Cable, the HDD Interface Cable, and the HDD Master-Slave setting. I did that and then my husband opened my computer to check everything and he said it was all plugged in. So i got back on and tested and it said the same thing. Am I doing something wrong? :( . my husband said that I should have something going on with my HDD if i'm able to type and get online and stuff.. does he know what he's talking about or is he clueless too? lol. :eek: . is the test supposed to say that something is wrong or does it mean there is something wrong when it says no floppy disk available?

On another note i think we found the heatsink. On mine it looks like its got 3 pipes to it and its at the top right corner. Its right under the turn on button. Thats where its been getting really hot too so most likely its dusty. I'm afraid to touch it and I think I need apoxy or that silver stuff to reattach it. i'm wondering if i should take it somewhere or get really good instructions. Thanks for any help.

2. jephree

jephree ¨*·.¸ «.·°·..·°·.» ¸.·*¨

sorry ... i forgot that you dont have a floppy drive.
    there is an iso file to create a cd version if you want to get an iso program to create it let us know; we know of a free one.
    perhaps it isn't neccessary; it was just an idea to check it out. it should be ok if your puter is working as your husband suggested.

anywho i found these links that might be helpfull in you cleaning & cooling:

clean a laptop heatsink

Notebook Coolers

3. Kizzmit5

Kizzmit5 Established Techie7 Member

oh phew! its ok lol. I thought it was about to tell me i needed a new one or something. I think I should do the cd version though, i'll try anything.

i went to the site to clean the heatsink. Thats the one I went to before but i didn't know where my heatsink was. He shows his at the back of the computer but i'll use that one when we are able to get the items to do it right.

actually for the notebook coolers I have the first one on the left but its not helping enough. I also went to the store to try the one next to it and that didn't do anything either. So i have the two fans in my computer, two fans under my computer and a mini external desktop fan on my puter.

Thanks for helping, i know this is a big pain.

4. jephree

jephree ¨*·.¸ «.·°·..·°·.» ¸.·*¨