Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Virus that won't let me open or run any anti-virus software

Discussion in 'Spyware, Adware, Viruses and Malware Removal' started by luna, Feb 23, 2009.

1. luna

luna Techie7 New Member

Hello, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here's my problem. I have Windows XP and had a Kaspersky trial, which expired about 2 days ago. Yesterday, something popped up on my screen where it looks like the generic install windows when you install a program. It automatically went "Next" and "Ok" and installed something by itself in about 3 seconds. I caught the name and it was called: BlueRaTech. I Googled this and only found one page that mentioned it was a virus or spyware. It's in my programs folder but only has an Uninstall option. I didn't want to click it just yet in case it might activate something. I installed other virus programs to scan, but it wouldn't load. I tried another antivirus program, but it would not start either. If I go to any anti-virus or spyware website, it blocks it. It gives always says there's a Network Interruption. But any other website is fine and I can visit, but it's just extremely slow.

I then went in Safe Mode to uninstall it with the Add/Remove. I went in Safe Mode with Networking, but when I tried to go online, I was unable to. And when I tried to run the antivirus, I was still unable to under Safe Mode. I just had my computer fixed (for a hardware problem) 3 weeks ago, so I did not have a save point for a system restore, but I do have a lot of files and programs that I don't want to get rid of. When I restarted in normal mode, and checked my programs, it was still there. I went ahead and did the Uninstall from the submenu and it said it was removed (but I highly doubt that). My computer still is unable to scan and unable to go directly to any anti-virus/spyware websites.

How can I clean this off my system? Thanks a lot!
  2. VopThis

VopThis Senior Member (Canada)