1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

solo.sys needed for ESS Solo-1 PCI Audio Driver (WDM)I

Discussion in 'Older Windows Versions' started by rbtr8r, Jan 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rbtr8r

rbtr8r Techie7 New Member

Operating System:
    Windows 98/SE
    I am attempting to install an audio driver, but cannot do it becasue the installation procedure requires me to show the location of the file named solo.sys but it is not in my PC or the Windows 98 SE disk. Anyone know where I can find it?
  2. Dan Penny

Dan Penny Staff Techie7 Moderator

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    It will be in the driver package. The *****.inf file (in the package) provides the file names and system settings, as well as any dll files required for the device. What does windows report (in Device Manager) for the sound device?

Solo.sys
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2006
  3. rbtr8r

rbtr8r Techie7 New Member

Operating System:
    Windows 98/SE
    Thanks Dan for your help. While I was wating for a reply, I solved my problem in this fashion. I kept getting a message that the installation procedure could not find the file solo.sys and no matter where I looked for it, I could not find it. I went to Windows Explorer and searched for *.sys and found a file named essolo.sys. I gave the installation procedure the laocation for essolo.sys and the process worker. Thanks again!!
  4. Dan Penny

Dan Penny Staff Techie7 Moderator

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Great. Glad you got it worked out.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.