Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slow usb device recognition

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Help' started by edthehat, Sep 13, 2009.

1. edthehat

edthehat Techie7 New Member

Hello to all,

I have a Dell Demension E521 With Vista home Premium. My problem is that a few weeks ago, it has started taking 45 seconds for my usb port devices to be recognized.
    Dell says thats fine. Me, I am really annoyed. I should mention this happens when the PC is coming out of sleep mode. Any ideas ??????

edthehat
  2. tallin

tallin Super Moderator Techie7 Moderator

Sorry your post was over looked. :56:

Better late than never so Welcome to D-A-L,

You could download and run USBDeview.exe

Description
    USBDeview is a small utility that lists all USB devices that currently connected to your computer, as well as all USB devices that you previously used.
    For each USB device, extended information is displayed: Device name/description, device type, serial number (for mass storage devices), the date/time that device was added, VendorID, ProductID, and more...
    USBDeview also allows you to uninstall USB devices that you previously used, and disconnect USB devices that are currently connected to your computer.
    You can also use USBDeview on a remote computer, as long as you login to that computer with admin user.

Let us know if you were helped by this small program,,

best regards,