1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Outlook not picking up messages

Discussion in 'Desktop / Server Applications' started by dwjay, Aug 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dwjay

dwjay Techie7 New Member

Operating System:
    Windows ME
    :confused: I have been running Outlook under XP but now each of the 4 e-mail acounts report "error" on send/receive and no messages are uploaded from the servers. My Hotmail account is still fully operational
    Test messages from Tools>accounts>Change are transmitted and received by the servers.
    The same situation exists for Outlook Express
    I am running Norton Anti-virus, AD-Aware SE, MS antispyware (beta) with Spybot on demand.
    The problem is not cured when ALL are turned off and a send receive executed.
    Any one have any ideas where I might start tryiny to fix this??

Dj
  2. DJNafey

DJNafey UK site moderator

Operating System:
    Windows XP
    I know that I have problems when I try to enable to email protection in Norton Anti-Virus. Even if you've disabled real-time file scanning in Norton Anti-Virus, you'll probably still find that it's checking your mail because it actually changes the server addresses and login details on your mail accounts. If you've recently switched on email protection and then found that you've got problems, go into the options for Norton Anti-Virus and switch off email scanning and then restart Outlook.

Let us know if that helps :)
  3. DJNafey

DJNafey UK site moderator

Operating System:
    Windows XP
    There has been no response to this thread from the member that submitted the original post for 3 weeks or more. Therefore, this thread has been locked to prevent other users hijacking the thread and to help others know which threads are still being worked on.

If you started this thread and would like us to continue working on it, please send a Private Message to an Administrator or a Moderator of this forum to have the thread opened again. If you have a different problem, please start a new thread.

Please remember that we are all here for free so providing a little feedback is both courteous and useful!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.