Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my computer wont boot up

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Help' started by whymewhynow, Jun 14, 2009.

1. whymewhynow

whymewhynow Techie7 New Member

Ok here is my delima. I have a Compaq Presario sr2173wm.My computer wont boot up. When I turn it on it only has the fans running no clicks or anythng. This last time I tried to start it I unpluged the computer from the wall and I unpluged all the cordes left it for about 3 hours. when I turned it back on it did the same with the fans running but this time the Compaq came on the screen but nothing still. It did this once before for about 2 weeks and just came back on one day.. I'm afarid this time. HELP
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2009
    1 person likes this.
  2. jephree

jephree ¨*·.¸ «.·°·..·°·.» ¸.·*¨

3. cyberjunkee

cyberjunkee Dedicated Member

I had a friends pc do the same last week . Try another monitor attached to your pc to make sure your screen hasn't decided to go to tft heaven . Try cleaning the RAM and slots ( do very gently with a paint brush ) and replacing the old CMOS battery . No beeps means it isn't a hardware issue . but always best to check everything . From what you say it sounds more like a monitor fault ( monitor connection ) or a dead screen .

Also the links jephree has posted obviously look pretty usueful
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2009
  4. whymewhynow

thanks I will be going to the links now.I will keep you posted
  5. whymewhynow

It worked MUUUWAAAAAAA a big kiss for you. (I am a female so I hope I did'nt offend you.) :yes:
  6. jephree

Glad it worked!

What was the problem?
  7. whymewhynow

I really don't know. I just followed the one direction unplug the monitor for 30 seconds from the wall socet. that is it. it came back on. but I did that before I think.:)
  8. jephree

Cool. Let us know if we can help further in the future.
  9. whymewhynow

Ok new delima today I tried to start it and it did the same thing. so went back thru some steps which made it come back on again but this time the screen that cam up was start up repair recomended.... then I hit ok then the screen scrambled up. so now i have a black and grey scrambled screen.
  10. jephree

Was that Repair error offered by the BIOS or Windows?

In other words did it occur right after turning on the computer or after Windows loaded?

Do you get the Compaq/HP logo screen or is the display altered even in the BIOS?