1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MS Outlook "Unsent" Messages

Discussion in 'Desktop / Server Applications' started by Simpson, Sep 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simpson

Simpson Techie7 New Member

Operating System:
    Windows XP
    My MS Outlook shows 2 Unsent messages in the Outbox Folder. When I do a send/receive it tells me that send/recieve is complete but 2 unsent messages still appear next to the outbox. If I open the Outbox it tells me that there are "No items to show" and the messages do not show in my Sent Items folder. I can still send receive emails as normal and have tried closing down and rebooting but with no success.

Any Ideas?

Simpson
  2. D-A-L

D-A-L Techie7 Administrator Staff Member Techie7 Chief

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    How do you mean? Are you saying that you hit send/recieve and the messages get sent but neither appear in the sent items or the outbox?
  3. Simpson

Operating System:
    Windows XP
    After having hit send/recieve they disappear from my outbox, (Outlook reports send/recieve complete) but they do not then appear in my sent folder and a number still appears next to my outbox folder. The recipients tell me they haven't recieved them. It's a mystery!

Thanks for your help

Simpson
  4. DJNafey

DJNafey UK site moderator

Operating System:
    Windows XP
    Do you have several mail accounts configured in Outlook Express? This issue sounds like the messages were created from a mail account that isn't included in the Send/Receive command. You can check this by going to Tools > Accounts > Mail (tab) and checking the properties of each account listed.
  5. Bear

Bear D-A-L Elite Member

Operating System:
    Windows XP
    Are we talking about Outlook or Outlook Express here? :)
  6. DJNafey

Operating System:
    Windows XP
    Ooops, sorry, I misread the post :eek:

If it's Outlook, is this on a home PC or is it connected to a network with an email server in an office?
  7. Bear

Bear D-A-L Elite Member

Operating System:
    Windows XP
    Bear: Hands DJ some glasses [​IMG] ;)
  8. DJNafey

Operating System:
    Windows XP
    lol - cheers Bear, that's better ;)
  9. Bear

Bear D-A-L Elite Member

Operating System:
    Windows XP
  10. Simpson

Operating System:
    Windows XP
    Single email address configured in Outlook - home PC not connected to any network.

Simpson
  11. DJNafey

Operating System:
    Windows XP
  12. Simpson

Operating System:
    Windows XP
    What a gem you are! Have just repaired my .pst file as per the instructions from Microsoft and bingo - away they have gone. I feel I should have been able to find this info on the MS site myself but the problem often is what search string to enter.

Very many thanks for your (and the D-A-L site) help - please keep it coming!

Simpson
  13. DJNafey

Operating System:
    Windows XP
    Glad we could help :)

--------------------------------

Can a mod please close this thread? Thanks.
  14. itsupport

itsupport Techie7 New Member

We get this a lot in our office try resending the individual messages by opening them in the outbox and clicking send, failing that reset your profile and the problem will go away.. is it only the 2 emails or are all your new sends the same?

try checking this out (its for configuration problems with outlook 2000 but you never know)

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;195795
    Last edited: May 12, 2005
  15. DJNafey

Operating System:
    Windows XP
    This thread has been Resolved and has been locked to prevent other users hijacking the thread and to help others know which threads have been Resolved and which are still being worked on.

If you started this thread and the problem returns or the case has not been properly Resolved, please send a Private Message to an Administrator or a Moderator of this forum to have the thread opened again. If you have a different problem, please start a new thread.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.