1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

looking for IDE ATA/ATAPI Controller drivers

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help' started by bscomputor, Aug 28, 2006.

1. bscomputor

bscomputor Techie7 New Member

Operating System:
    Windows XP
    Help! I recently re-loaded win xp on a NetVista and Thinkcentre computers- all went well except I am missing the IDE ATA/ATAPI Controller drivers now. I'm looking online for them and can't find them anywhere- I don't have a factory CD either, and there is no restore point on the machine. Where can I go to get the drivers?
  2. jephree

jephree ¨*·.¸ «.·°·..·°·.» ¸.·*¨

Operating System:
    Windows XP
  3. BigPoppa

BigPoppa Techie7 New Member

I have the same issue with a Gateway GM 5260 PC. I upgraded from XP to Vista about 6 months ago and never noticed any difference in my PC performance. 4-5 months later I was trying to burn a audio CD and the burn process kept failling. To trouble shoot the issue I went to Device manager and my DVD/CD drive was there but ther was no IDE ATA/ATAPI Controller anywhere in Device manager. I can play CDs and DVDs, just can't burn either. I've checked the IDE Cable and it is well connected to te motherboard and the Drive. This is really strange.
  4. jephree

jephree ¨*·.¸ «.·°·..·°·.» ¸.·*¨

Operating System:
    Windows XP
  5. BigPoppa

BigPoppa Techie7 New Member

I spoke to one of my computer friends and he suggested I forget about trying to find the IDE controller, just get an SATA DVD/CD recorder. So I spent $39.00 for a new LG DVD/CD recorder which came with an auto firmware updater program. Once I installed the new drive and all the software that came with it I ran the Firmware updater software and PRESTO, it updated the firmware on my original IDE unit which also happed to be made by LG. Plus the Nero 7 essentials was so cool I'm considering upgrading to the latest Nero 9 program. $39.00 was a steal to be able to solve my burning problem once and for all. Now I ahve to figure uot how to get iTunes to recognized my new burning drivers.