Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have locked myself out of my own computer -.- please help

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help' started by cincy13east, Aug 1, 2009.

1. cincy13east

cincy13east Techie7 New Member

Hello DAL,

I am freaking pissed the F off! I'm freaking regreting turning off my welcome screen. Now I cannot get access to my own PC. I have googled and tried every soultion I have found. When I logon onto Windows XP Professional I get a log on screen window and it will not let me through with Admiinistrator or Admin leaving the password space blank, typing password, pass, or my previous login name no password or with. I have also tried these solutions in safe mode with no success. I have also tried Safe mode with CMD to change the password using userpassword2 theory. But it will not let me until I have passed the login screen. I have now other solutions and I'm freaking the freak out! So pissed! If there is anything you guys can do, please help.
  2. jephree

jephree ¨*·.¸ «.·°·..·°·.» ¸.·*¨

Ctrl+Alt+Delete on the log on screen should offer the "built-in" Admin account.

If you changed the name of this account then use that name.

If you never set a password leave it blank.

If this fails try a Repair Install off the XP CD.
  3. jephree

4. cincy13east

The control alt delete doesn't bring up a screen, because its already present.
    I have not changed the Admin's password, it would always work without password before this happened. I don't have the repair Install off the XP CD, I bought my PC used.

I tried to use a program to remove the passwords but my PC will not even boot cd on safe start! please save me before i snap my monitor in half :p
  5. jephree

The Microsoft link basically says it all.

The next step is to use your XP CD to Repair the Install.

Sorry but that is basically all we can add.

You can use Ubuntu as a free OS:

Ubuntu Home Page | Ubuntu

You can also install Windows 7 temporarily:

Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC): Instructions for Free Download

If you need data off the old drive you can "slave" it onto another computer:

Hard Drive Recovery Tutorial - How To Slave A Hard Drive

Using any of these boot disks requires the Boot Menu to boot the CD prior to the hard drive.

These settings are in your Boot Menu which should be shown when you start your computer.

F12 is often used.
  6. cincy13east

Awesome >.>!

I guess im gonna have to take my tower to a repair for one stupid ****ing mistake.
  7. jephree

There were a few other options suggested above.

On a PC a "repair shop" is most likely going to cost you more than an Operating System.

We suggested two other options for free (at least temporarily).

Just note that most "repair shops" will charge @$100 for doing anything/nothing.

You can get a legit copy of XP for less than that.
  8. cincy13east

My PC wont boot a CD without me running into the login screen. How am I going to install an OS? I've tried with a Resetting windows password program's ISO.
  9. jephree

You need to set your BIOS or Boot Menu to boot the CD prior to the hard drive.
  10. cincy13east

Like when i press F8 to go into safe mode i have many options, there was only 1 that had the word boot in it. That what i selected and pressed enter, it went to a login screen.

how do i go about setting it prior to?
  11. jephree

F8 is too late.

What is the make and model of your computer?

When you start it there is a logo screen that should say such as:

"Press Delete for Setup" or "Press F2 for Setup" or "Press F12 for Boot Menu" etc.

You need to engage your BIOS befor Windows even tries to start.
  12. cincy13east

ok.... I'm going to attempt to install Windows 7.

I was wondering if I was to install Windows 7 would I have to re-configure my router, I don't have that disk neither?
  13. jephree

In my experience on several systems Windows 7 will adopt your previous drivers.