1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! All my icons and programs dont work

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help' started by Majin, Mar 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Majin

Majin Dedicated Member

Operating System:
    Windows XP
    I had to go to extreme links to open firefox but all my icons just turned into unknown file types and i cant open any thing not a anti virus nothing i cant even go to the system restore because it gives me this error message (This file does not have a program associated to prefrom this action)

It doesnt let me open anything any help please? It doesnt even show anything in the bottom right corner where the connection details should be. PLEASE HELP ME

And thank you for you time

I tried to upload a image but i wont let me sorry about that.
  2. Majin

Majin Dedicated Member

Operating System:
    Windows XP
    I really need some help its not a problem i can come back and check on from time to time my pc is really messed up
  3. jephree

jephree ¨*·.¸ «.·°·..·°·.» ¸.·*¨

Operating System:
    Windows XP
    Try booting into Safe Mode by repeatedly tapping the F8 key after your BIOS POST but before Windows starts.

If this works try the System Restore first.
  4. Majin

Majin Dedicated Member

Operating System:
    Windows XP
    It worked thanks jephree, You are a great guy thank you for all your help

Everything is fixed
  5. jephree

jephree ¨*·.¸ «.·°·..·°·.» ¸.·*¨

Operating System:
    Windows XP
    Thanks for the update and the thanks!

Let us know if we can help further in the future!

If possible please consider a Donation

This thread has been Resolved and Locked to prevent other users hijacking the thread and to help others know which threads have been Resolved and which are still being worked on.

If you started this thread and the problem returns or the case has not been properly Resolved, please send a Private Message to a Moderator of this forum to have the thread opened again. If you have a different problem, please start a new thread.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.