Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

File \i386\biosinfo.inf could not be loaded

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help' started by timbo, Jan 8, 2005.

1. timbo

timbo Techie7 New Member

Hi all and hope yas had a blast welcoming in the new year. Down to business, I have previously installed xp with no worries onto the computer. I tried reinstalling it through boot cd on start up, it comes up saying inspecting hardware configuration. After a few seconds the following comes up..........File \i386\biosinfo.inf could not be loaded, the error code is 32768. This also came up when I tried it on another computer. I have searched on the internet for maybe a reason why but found nothing helpful. Has anyone had this problem and found a way to fix it or maybe know of a way or site that could help. Many thanks in advance, timbo.
  2. spud

spud D-A-L Team Member (UK)

hi timbo bad news

i have done a fair bit of research on the internet and like you found next to nothing but the few grains of information i did find all came up with the same piece of advice are you sitting down!!! :(

then i will begin

the error code you are getting relates to a bad boot cd and i think your only option is a complete reformat of your harddrive and reinstalling your operating system :eek: :eek:

sorry about the bad news

you are of course free to get a second opinion ;)

hope this helps
  3. timbo

timbo Techie7 New Member

Thankyou very much for your response spud, a mate of mine gave me a 2nd opinion, throw it at the wall, lol but I think imma stick with your option, will wait for now in the hope a 3rd opinion pops up but if not a complete reformat will have to do. Thanks again for responding.
  4. czibulak

czibulak Techie7 New Member

Hy!

I a got a pentium 4 pc from a friend, cuz he doesnt need it anymore, when i tryed to install windows, after cleaning the last molecule of dust, reaplying heat conduction glue and the regular stuff, i got the same error as you.

I searched the web but did find nothing helpful, only a seed of idea, the bootable CD of windows. I though that it wouldnt be my problem cuz i used this CD for at leas 5 installs in the last 3 months, but i just licked it with my tongue and cleand it with my t-shirt (got nothing else to use within range). i reinserted the CD and its working correctly.

If the cormal cleaning doesnt help on you, there is another idea, I dint try it but i read that you can polish your scratched discs with toothpaste, and the results are pretty cool. And just another, you can try changeing the CD-ROM unit.

Hope that my english can be understood, and my advices too. Success will come on you!
  5. Ztruker

Ztruker Super Moderator Techie7 Moderator

You are replying to a post that is 8 years old.
  6. czibulak

czibulak Techie7 New Member

Ok, but windows still runs on millions of PC-s around the world, and people surely will get the same error in no time.
  7. Ztruker

Ztruker Super Moderator Techie7 Moderator

As long as you are aware your response will not help the original poster, but may, as you said, help others, all is well.

Take care.