1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DMIO.SYS error on installing Windows Xp Sp2

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help' started by De_Luxe, Aug 1, 2006.

1. De_Luxe

De_Luxe Techie7 New Member

Operating System:
    Windows XP
    I was trying to install Windows Xp with Sp2 included from Bootable Cd-Rom ang i got this error : "dmio.sys is corrupted, press any key to restart" :)
    What should i do?
  2. jephree

jephree ¨*·.¸ «.·°·..·°·.» ¸.·*¨

Operating System:
    Windows XP
    Did you try again? Did you get the same error?

Try running SFC /Scannow on your computer.

start/run sfc /scannow (note the space between sfc & /scannow).

You will then be asked to insert your original XP CD.

sfc - system file checker, retrieves the correct version of the file from %Systemroot%\System32\Dllcache or the Windows installation source files, and then replaces the incorrect or corrupted file.
  3. De_Luxe

Operating System:
    Windows XP
    Didn't work with sfc!!! I got the same error!!!
  4. De_Luxe

Operating System:
    Windows XP
    So, I have the original Windows Xp Sp2 included and i inserted it into my cdrw drive! I have an empty hdd! The cd is bootable! It starts the setup process and after a few moments i got the error "DMIO.SYS is CORUPTED" Press any key to restart... I got this error on many and different
    pc's! I don't know what to do anymore! Please help me! Thanks!
  5. jephree

Operating System:
    Windows XP
    Just to verify: this is a Microsoft XP SP2 CD?

In other words not an OEM disk from Dell or HP or ... etc.

If it is a Microsoft retail disk then such an error would point to either a bad disk or more probably some incompatible hardware. The latter appears less likely as you have tried various machines.

If it is an OEM Recovery Disk it will probably only work on a machine from the same manufacturer.
  6. De_Luxe

Operating System:
    Windows XP
    Yes, the cd is a microsoft xp sp2, all the machines were newly boughted and the cd worked the first time when i was trying to install XP, but then after a while i had to install windows xp again from other reasons, and it didn't work, i got that error!
    I can't install Windows Xp sp2 anymore on no machine, but i can install windows xp home edition that i don't like! Thanks anyway for answers!
  7. De_Luxe

Operating System:
    Windows XP
    It seems that nobody from d-a-l.com knows the answer to my problem! :))))) I thought you all have the answer, but i was wrong! Thanks anyway!
  8. jephree

Operating System:
    Windows XP
    Either the CD is damaged or the RAM is bad.

If you've tried the CD on different computers the former is the best guess.

Also assuming that this is not an OEM or otherwise burned CD.

This is a Windows XP Professional SP2 CD? Came in a booklet size container costing about $200 US?
  9. De_Luxe

Operating System:
    Windows XP
    Yes it's a Windows xp Professional Sp2 cd, and how could it be damaged after it worked on installing on many other computers the first time, but the second time when i was trying to reinstall it didn't work, i got the error!
    And such thing as Bad RAm it isn't possible, because that means all computers i've tryied have bad ram!!!
  10. jephree

Operating System:
    Windows XP
    If that CD will not work on any computer then something must be wrong with it. Try cleaning it.

You could also try the 6 floppy setup to see if that will get you past the conflict:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310994