1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

deleted all sound files by mistake!!

Discussion in 'Older Windows Versions' started by marieraymond, Apr 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marieraymond

marieraymond Techie7 New Member

Operating System:
    Windows 98/SE
    while cleaning out files in my programs and documents I accidentally deleted my sound files. Don't know how I managed to do it... How can I replace sound to my computer? Please help me!!
  2. marieraymond

marieraymond Techie7 New Member

Operating System:
    Windows 98/SE
    resolved matter with a little research.... here are a couple of simple steps that should help anyone else with the same problem....

1. In device manager remove all sound, video, and game controllers

2. Reboot(Restart) your computer

Reason this should work..

This should cause Windows to reinstall all missing drivers at start up. Also can correct corrupt drivers. GOOD LUCK

So happy to have my music back!!!!!:rockon
  3. Dan Penny

Dan Penny Staff Techie7 Moderator

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    This thread has been resolved and locked to prevent other users from hijacking the thread and to help others know which threads have been resolved and which are still being worked on.

If you started this thread and the problem returns, or, the case has not been properly resolved, please send a Private Message to a
    Moderator to have the thread opened again. If you have a different problem, please start a new thread in the appropriate forum.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.