1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chinese Virus

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help' started by victor253, Jun 21, 2007.

1. victor253

victor253 Techie7 New Member

Operating System:
    Windows XP
    i have chinese virus in my hard drive, when ever i right click on any drive like C or D, so it shows chinese words which are not understandable instead of OPEN, SEARCH and the drive remains unopened. Whts tht software and how can i remove it?
  2. DivineZeal

DivineZeal Techie7 New Member

Operating System:
    Windows XP
    I have not heard about a "chinese virus" but I did a google search and found there is a patch on the microsoft website. The website I found talking about the chinese virus is here : http://archives.cnn.com/2001/BUSINESS/asia/07/20/hk.codered/index.html

To be honest what you have doesn't sound like this "chinese virus" but maybe somehow your default language was changed or you lost some sort of language support that you need to redownload? Not sure if this will help but this would be my first course of action.
  3. jephree

jephree ¨*·.¸ «.·°·..·°·.» ¸.·*¨

Operating System:
    Windows XP
    Please read THIS and after completing the steps outlined post a HijackThis log over in that section along with a brief description of your problem.

Do not post HijackThis logs in this section please.