1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't get into a website

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help' started by jm2021, Feb 19, 2005.

1. jm2021

jm2021 Techie7 New Member

Operating System:
    Windows XP
    Hi, I used to go to a website almost everyday, but recently (about a couple of months ago) I can't seem to get into the site, I tried almost everything, and I don't seem to be getting anywhere, the other day, I went to use the library's computer and went into the website just fine! So it must be my computer that does not want to get into that website, can someone please tell me what I should do to get this fixed? Could it be Active X? Could it be something else? Please let me know. Thanks everybody.
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2005
  2. jm2021

jm2021 Techie7 New Member

Operating System:
    Windows XP
    I think I found out what could be the problem, I went into the tools section of IE and went to the Internet Options part and went to the security section and I was able to fix the problem :) lol, ok now I can enter the site. By the way, its a sweepstakes website, and a couple of months ago I installed Windows XP on a new computer I purchased that had windows me in it. Thanks all. :)
  3. jephree

jephree ¨*·.¸ «.·°·..·°·.» ¸.·*¨

Operating System:
    Windows XP
    Using IE?
    Are your security settings set to default?
    Privacy to medium?
    Advanced: Restore Defaults.
    Make sure under Security that it's not under restricted sites?
    Do you have a firewall? Is it cleared there?

Is it only that one site that you have problems with?