Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

app id separator

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help' started by she devil, Sep 26, 2005.

1. she devil

she devil Techie7 New Member

Hi, can anyone please explain what Runner File Name (LogitechDesktopMessenger.exe) lacks a '-' (the app id separator) means. It keeps appearing on my screen and would it have anything to do with my keyboard missing letters, not showing my letters and freezing sometimes? :confused:
  2. jephree

jephree ¨*·.¸ «.·°·..·°·.» ¸.·*¨

The error about "-" in the file path means that the registry cannot find that thing to load it, but it is very close! (or it is loading it, but telling you it won't pretty soon).

You can look for the command to load the exe file in the registry, and put the "-" back in, or take it out - AFTER you check the file in the error (the exe path name).

The simple awnser is to stop this program from starting. It is basically just a Logitech updater and not neccessary.
    Program starts upon Windows startup (see Registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Run)
    However if your Logitech device is having problems then you should verify that it is not a malware Hijack and or uninstall then reinstall your Logitech software.

Also: look in your Event viewer: rt. click My Computer then click Manage then Event Viewer.
    Or: Administrative Tools/Event Viewer or Start/Run/ eventvwr
    Open the system as well as the application tabs & look for X errors. Click error line for details.
    Post back the source & event id especially of errors that seem to coincide with this issue.

If you wish to post a HijackThis log:
    Please follow the instructions HERE & then post your log in a new thread in the Spyware, Adware, Viruses and HijackThis Logs section.
    (Not in this section please).