1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bluetooth adapter suggestion

Discussion in 'A Question to the community!' started by cyberwasp, Nov 27, 2018.

1. cyberwasp

cyberwasp Established Techie7 Member

A friend of mine has an older pc. Recently she saw how I was able to send files to/from my phone using Bluetooth, "my mb has it built in." I'm wondering if there is a similar device in a usb form she can use to accomplish the same thing. Preferably one that works seamlessly with windows. TIA

2. Digerati

Digerati Super Moderator Techie7 Moderator

3. nukecad

nukecad Established Techie7 Member

I recently bought one of these for a laptop that didn't have Bluetooth.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00E9VU6HS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It was plug-and play with Windows 10, and works great, but I did like the fact that it came with an installation mini-CD just in case you need it.

PS. That particular one on amazon shipped from the USA, so it took a couple of weeks to get to the UK.

The other option is to use the lead that came with the phone to plug it into a USB port.
    The phone will then show up as an external drive to transfer files back and forth.