1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

seagate free agent goflex home help

Discussion in 'Firewalls and Networks' started by cyberwasp, Oct 24, 2018.

1. cyberwasp

cyberwasp Established Techie7 Member

Years ago I bought the, "Seagate free agent goflex home," network drive which has performed flawlessly.

I've used the memeo backup software to protect my files. I've also hve created directories which I've dragged an dropped files to on the network drive. Quite a few year back I determined that the accompanying utility that made the drive visible in windows explorer was causing a problem with certain windows menus and stopped using in. I used the map network drives with the following strings to get it to appear in windows explorer:

GoFlex Home Public (\\GOFLEX_HOME) (X:)
    GoFlex Home Backup (\\GOFLEX_HOME) (Y:)
    GoFlex Home Personal (\\GOFLEX_HOME) (Z:)

Sorry, the smiley face is not intentional, its suppose to be the closed parentheses

Now however this option is not working and am guessing it has to do with one of the updates Microsoft has been sending out.

Would appreciate it if anyone can help me figure a way to access the files. If I access the drive via http://192.168.0.2/#view=2 I can log in and view them via the web browser but cannot copy or open them.

TIA

2. cyberwasp

Sorry guys. No idea why but it just woke up. Been trying for a few days and poof!. go figure. Thank you anyway

3. Digerati

Digerati Super Moderator Techie7 Moderator

Glad it started working because I did not have an answer! ;)

Thanks for posting your followup.

4. cyberwasp

Capture.JPG

Just so you know in case it helps anyone. This is what it should look like in explorer