1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sound problem

Discussion in 'Windows 10 Help' started by xero, Mar 1, 2018.

1. xero

xero Established Techie7 Member

I recently reinstalled the operating system.
    Since the reinstall I have sound problems with some YouTube clips, and also with catch up TV, using VLC. The sound is present but muffled.
    Flash Player is enabled so I don't know what to put this down to, the computer plays music files, mp3 and flac, no problem.
  2. Digerati

Digerati Super Moderator Techie7 Moderator

I have no clue but it seems you are not alone. Something in here might help: youtube audio muffled

Why did you reinstall the OS?
  3. xero

xero Established Techie7 Member

Well nice to know I am not alone, but cold comfort. I have the latest driver for my sound card, which plays music fine. Just cannot get sound out of some YouTube clips, or catch up TV. And this was the machine which was working fine as far as those things were concerned. Feeling a bit ripped off.

I reinstalled the OS because the last installation went weird. After running a full suite of cleaning and av apps which turned up nothing of concern, windows "encountered an error and needs to restart." Which went around and around. Seemed to be little choice but to do a reinstall. I used the other computer to download all the latest drivers that I didn't already have, and Flash Player, except for NVIDIA who leave you at the mercy of their slow servers for driver updates.