1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bluetooth file transfers

Discussion in 'A Question to the community!' started by cyberwasp, Dec 28, 2017.

1. cyberwasp

cyberwasp Established Techie7 Member

Recently I upgraded my phone to a galaxy note 8. during some light reading of the manual I came across Bluetooth file transfer. I knew cell phones could do it from cell to cell and eventually I figured cell to PC.

My question is: is there an add on to windows that allows the Bluetooth transfer to work the same way usb transfer works. In other words by opening windows explorer and seeing the phone list there?

2. Digerati

Digerati Super Moderator Techie7 Moderator

I don't know of such an add on. And I don't have anything here I can test with. But I am assuming if you pair your phone to your computer's Bluetooth, you should then be able to see the cell phone as a BT storage device.

3. cyberwasp

cyberwasp Established Techie7 Member

Right now when you connect most smartphones windows explorer opens and lets you move around inside the phone. That's how I usually copy pictures to and from the phone. However with Bluetooth your limited to it's file transfer which uses a default location. If there are any programmers out there they could make a lot of money for an equivalent android app or windows app!