1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Firefox and other programs take ages to start.

Discussion in 'Windows 10 Help' started by Snapdragon, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Snapdragon

Snapdragon Techie7 New Member

Hi, this is my first visit, so a little nervous, but Hi everyone.
    My computer (Win10, HP Envy notebook, Intel i5-6260U@1.8GHz Memory 8GB Malwarebytes Premium Kaspersky Total Security) was working just fine until a short while ago. Suddenly it started to take ages to open Firefox and ages to load some pages (not all). Also, another program I use Ots Studio also started to take several minutes to open, wheras previously it was virtualy instantaneous.

I need some help urgently as the machine is almost unusable. I have scanned with both Kaspersky Premium and Malwarebytes, but both scans returned 'no threats found'.

Where do I go next please?

I should have added that this first happened sometime ago and after muddling through several websites I reset the Kaspersky/Firefox certificate and everything resumed working properly again. This may have been more luck than judgement. Unfortunately I cannot remember exactly what I did to recover the situation. As the problem has reocurred I want to find a more permanent solution.

I should also have said that the computer takes ages to load, it gets to the Win10 sign in screen OK but after I have entered my password the screens (I use the laptop screen and an additional screen) go blank and then about 2 to 3 minutes to open. My computer has an SSD for the Windows 10 system etc.

S

PS Please note that because my computer is so slow I am posting this using a different computer.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017