1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keyboard and mouse not working

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help' started by Brianboru, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Brianboru

Brianboru Techie7 New Member

Hi Guys, I have a Razor Krakon keboard and a Recon mouse. When I finish with my Linux system on my partition drive, I then boot up into my Windows 7 drive. But when I do, the Keyboard and mouse does not work. If I reboot a few times they come on again. Any ideas? . Appreaciate any help.

Cheers.

Widow.

2. Digerati

Digerati Super Moderator Techie7 Moderator

Did this problem just start?

Batteries fresh?

What if, instead of just rebooting into Windows, you do a "cold" restart? That is, you shutdown Linux and the computer, then pull the plug from the wall (or, if your power supply has one, you flip the master power switch on the back to off or "0") for about 15 seconds, connect power and boot into Windows.

A "cold" restart ensures all +5Vsb standby voltages are removed from all points on the motherboard (including USB ports) that otherwise remain whenever the PSU is plugged in (and master switch is set to on).

3. Brianboru

Thank you , Digerati for the quick reply. No, this problem did not just start. When I had Windows 10 on a partition, I had the same problem. That was why I tried deleting the Windows 10 and installed Linux on the same partition. However, I will try out what you suggested as soon as possible.

Cheers.

4. Digerati

Don't forget fresh batteries. My wireless mouse goes through some really odd, inconsistent behavior when the batteries get weak. While they still test good in my battery tester, if not fresh the mouse sometimes loses sync with my computer. I switched to rechargeable batteries because I was going through a set of alkaline every 2 or 3 months. Because of how the rechargeable NiMH discharge, compared to alkaline, I get about 5 months per charge.

5. Brianboru

Hi Digerati, I tried doing like you said and it worked grand. My mouse is actually a usb connection.

Thanks again for your brill advice.

6. Digerati

Great! Glad you got it sorted out and thanks for posting your followup.

Pretty much all are these days, either by direct USB cable, or wireless through a USB wireless dongle.