1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To find a secure cloud backup

Discussion in 'General Security Issues and Questions' started by george144, Mar 6, 2017.

1. george144

george144 Techie7 New Member

I was searching for some cloud backup services to store my personal files, that includes various types of media files also. I had an external hard disk to keep these documents. Recently its board got crashed and I lost lots of important data. But fortunately, I could recover all those files with the help of my friend. I don’t want to take any risks again. That is why I am looking for cloud data backup solutions. It would have better if I can access the data from anywhere with any devices such as mobiles tablets, etc. Can somebody tell me which backup solution would be perfect for my needs?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2017
  2. Digerati

Digerati Super Moderator Techie7 Moderator

If looking for a solution, I fail to see why you posted a link to a commercial solution. ??? When a new member joins and their one and only post includes a link to a commercial product, it raises suspicions about your intent for being here. Is it to promote your product? It gives the appearance that is exactly what you are doing - which violates the Terms of Use you just agreed to abide by when you joined. Your product didn't even offer a free version for non-commercial home use. :( I have removed the link your post.

External drives are fine, but viable backup solutions require several layers of backups. Not just one. Microsoft's OneDrive, Google Drive, or Drop Box all offer free services that will meet most home users needs. If more space is needed, they offer affordable options.