1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E drive and F drive not working

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help' started by mthkumudo, Jan 30, 2016.

1. mthkumudo

mthkumudo Established Techie7 Member

My e drive is not working at all. My f drive will play a cd put not accept a bland cd or dvd. I don't know if I should be in Windows 10 or Windows 7 for this. I took advantage of the free upgrade. My computer seems to be functioning the same as it did while on Windows 7.

mthkumudo

2. Digerati

Digerati Super Moderator Techie7 Moderator

We need more information.
    Are you dual booting?

What is your E drive?

Is your F drive a writer?

3. mthkumudo

My e drive is a cd/dvd try that I use to run software also to make dvds. The f drive is simulair to the e drive. If I want to copy a cd I put the cd in the f dive and copy to the e drive. Currently I am able to put a soflware disc in the f drive and run. I can not put a bland cd in the f drive, nothing happens. The e drive was functioning then stopped. I don't know if his occurred because of the upgrade to Window 10

I don't understand what dual booting is.

I hope I made the problem clear

thkumudo

I got so frustrated with Windows 10 it got rid of it and went back to Windows 7. When I did my e drive came back and f drive is now functioning. Hope I can get some of the software back.

Thanks for always being there for me

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  4. Digerati

Digerati Super Moderator Techie7 Moderator

Dual booting is when two operating systems are installed on the computer at the same time. And when you power up the computer, you are prompted to select which you want to run.

Not sure why your drives stopped working with W10.

5. mthkumudo

I haven't the fainest idea why that occurred, but it did. I never was prompted to select which Windows I wanted to use I was using them alternately.

mthkumudo