1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VBA header changes from Application to (General) when restart Outlook and auto-bcc no longer works

Discussion in 'Desktop / Server Applications' started by Michael Poolman, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Michael Poolman

Michael Poolman Techie7 New Member

I have used one of the many internet articles which show how to set up auto-bcc from Outlook using VBA (eg http://www.groovypost.com/howto/microsoft/how-to-automatically-bcc-in-outlook-2010/)

This works perfectly until I restart Outlook (I am using Outlook 2013), but then does not work. The problem seems to be that the Object and Procedure at the top of the VBA ‘ThisOutlookSession’ window change from ‘Application’ & ‘ItemSend’ to ‘(General)’ & ‘(Declarations)’ even though VbaProject.OTM has been saved.

This can be seen in the screenshots in the attached file below which show the VBA before and after restarting Outlook.

Please would someone explain how I can ensure the auto-bcc works even after restarting Outlook? Thanks in advance.

2. Digerati

Digerati Super Moderator Techie7 Moderator

3. Michael Poolman

Michael Poolman Techie7 New Member

Thanks. I did have a look but didn't spot a suitable Outlook forum - do you have one in mind, and if so should I re-submit my thread as a post?

Thanks for the ablebits link too. I know there are third party add-ins available (at a cost), but think it should be possible to do using VBA - especially as I already have it working until I restart Outlook. It seems it must simply be some basic point I am missing which is resulting in the VBA Object and Procedure changing when Outlook is restarted.

4. Digerati

Digerati Super Moderator Techie7 Moderator

I don't have any personal experience with any Outlook specific forums but Office-Outlook.com has a lot of threads suggesting it is pretty popular. So if they cannot help you, they should be able to point you in the right direction.

I don't know what you mean. I do recommend you join that site and start a new thread over there.

And in any case, we would appreciate once you [hopefully] get this sorted out that you come back here with an update to educate us on your findings.