1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stop Script

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help' started by mthkumudo, Oct 30, 2015.

1. mthkumudo

mthkumudo Established Techie7 Member

My computer freezes constantly and eventually I get a message that I have to x out. See image. Is there any way that I can get this problem resovled.

thumudom

Attached Files:

2. Digerati

Digerati Super Moderator Techie7 Moderator

When did the problem start? If just recently, you may be able to roll back to a day before with System Restore. Is it always the same Comcast error? That would suggest a networking issue.

3. mthkumudo

I've had the problem for over a year now it getting worst. My wife has the same thing going on also.
    thumudom

4. Digerati

And she gets the same Comcast error?

What OS? What program is tossing up the errors?

Have you scanned for malware?

Stop Script Errors

5. mthkumudo

Digerati, we both use Windows 7. I have Malwarbytes Anti-Malware installed.

6. Digerati

The free or Pro/Premium version? Is that all or do you also use MSE or some other program with MBAM. And what about her security.

And I ask again, does she get the same Comcast error?

7. mthkumudo

Sorry about that. Yes she gets the very same message. I have the Premium version. The stop script just came up twice while writing this note.

8. Digerati

I really need you to answer all the question if I am to understand where you are coming from.

I ask again, do you use some other program like MSE along with MBAM Premium?

Also, what browser? You typically can disable script error notification in your browser properties.

9. mthkumudo

Dogerati, I thought I answered all the questions. I have Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium. I have no idea what MSE or MBAM stand for. I uses Mozilla Firefox 99% of the time and have for years. I did go to Firefox for assistance and was told to go to the original default to assist with the problem. It didn't help but I haven't had it happen as frequently as before.

I really need you to answer all the question if I am to understand where you are coming from.

I ask again, do you use some other program like MSE along with MBAM Premium?

Also, what browser? You typically can disable script error notification in your browser properties.

10. Digerati

Sorry. I assumed since you said you used Malwarebytes Anti-Malware that you knew it was commonly abbreviated as MBAM.

If you plug MBAM into Google, you will see it refers to Malwarebytes anti-malware. And if you plug MSE into Google, you will see it stands for Microsoft Security Essentials (a popular anti-malware program). And I was asking if you used any other program in addition to MBAM for security, using MSE as an example.

While running two anti-malware programs at the same time is typically discouraged, MBAM is the exception as it is designed to run well in conjunction with a second program. Many users run MBAM along with MSE with Windows 7 or its sibling, Windows Defender (WD) in Windows 8/10.

I ran MBAM with MSE on all my Windows 7 computer and now, since upgrading all my computers to Windows 10, run MBAM with WD on all of them.

I don't use Firefox but I found this that might help.

11. mthkumudo

I don't recall whether I answer your last post. I had to leave the area for a while to see if I could give a family member a little help. I just got back and will give Mozilla Support a try.

I run Nortons and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Do they interfere with each other.

Digerati, again I apologize for delay. I will get back to you on how I fare with Mozilla Support

Thanks

12. mthkumudo

I just sent a reply explaining my absence, did you receive it?

13. Digerati

MBAM is great at working with other programs without "interfering" with them. It should be noted that this sort of "interference", if it happens, does not decrease their capabilities at protecting your computer. What happens is an increase in "false positives" and an unnecessary excessive use of system resources that bogs down performance.

Not sure what you mean. Your last two replies were posted to this thread.

14. mthkumudo

I didn't know if the first posting went through. I Added YesScriipt to the Mozilla Add-ons. I will try out the method and let you know how it works. If it does I'll add it to my wife's laptop.

Digerati you have always been so helpful, thanks