1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High Lighting

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help' started by ylind, Oct 17, 2015.

1. ylind

ylind Established Techie7 Member

When I select text in notepad or my address Bar it does not highLight although it is selected.

can you help

2. Digerati

Digerati Super Moderator Techie7 Moderator

If not highlighted, how do you know it is selected?

When did this problem start? Have you recently changed colors or themes?

What about when selecting text here in the forums, or Word or a normal webpage?

3. ylind

So far only Notepad and my address bar all else works.
    When I mouseover a text nothing shows but I can copy and paste the selected tex

4. Digerati

Not sure what you mean by mouseover but as seen here that typically means when you "hover" the mouse pointer over something to trigger a information bubble or the like. It is not used to "select" text. To select text, you click and hold the button, then drag the mouse pointer over the text to highlight and select the text.

What happens when you double click a word in Notepad or in your address bar? In Notepad, the word should become selected/highlighted. In your address bar, you can highlight the whole address or click again and just a word. Does that work?

5. ylind

That's what I meant by mouseover. If I double click any word the curser (vert line) skips to the beginning of the next word, nothing is selected.

6. Digerati

Okay, thanks for that. I understand what you mean now, but what I don't understand is why this only happens in Notepad and your address bar. ???

So... what address bar? The address tool bar in Windows (if enabled, it will appear in Windows task bar)? Or in your browser? If browser, which browser and have you tried a different browser?

And I ask again, when did this problem start? Have you recently changed colors or themes?

7. ylind

I have changed nothing (its my computer at the cottage)

Address bar in my Browser (Chrome)
    Its not a big deal its just puzzling

Attached Files: