1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another question

Discussion in 'General Security Issues and Questions' started by x_Maniac_x, Mar 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. x_Maniac_x

x_Maniac_x Techie7 New Member

@Digerati

Its just that I'm worried that a forum will contact my isp cos I trolled. But I used a proxy.

I mean, it's virtually impossible to be anonymous online as I know in brief that you have certain device characteristics stored linked to give a device profile, and that there are ways in which you can see whether a device has previously been associated with a particular location.
    although I'm sure there are illegal ways and / or dishonest ways which you say you're not comfortable getting into. If you want you can buy a new computer and get a hacked modem in another country, sniff MAC addresses associated with the isp using software and spoof it. There you have a free anonymous internet connection. And a new computer would means the device isn't associated with your initial location. @Digerati I wouldn't do this anyways so I can't hide from you lol. You are free to check what all my usernames are,!

At first I was digging deep into something crazy like billing address locations and the owner of a house which isn't even used on forums lol so I'm obviously talking rubbish , but the mod said it's my ips, and devices so I concluded from the patterns they use to identify me, etc

I dont want to troll anymore, I just want to know whether my isp can be contacted or not. Like would they bother? Dig, since I already am aware that proxies don't cut it, I want to know whether my real ip can be found please? Just want to be sure my isp can't be contacted.

I don't expect you to tell me all about these device characteristics, so you can still identify me lol (if you need to). cos trust me, on other forums they found me despite being abroad, suggesting it's devices I've used associated with my location at one point.
    Just whether my real ip can be found is what I want to know

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  2. Digerati

Digerati Super Moderator Techie7 Moderator

Yes, there are technical means in which your ISP can be contacted, thus your real IP address can be determined, consequently your real identity can be exposed.

Now this site is about helping people with their computer problems and protecting them against threats from badguys, nuisances, and those with ill or malicious intent. It is not about helping people who wish to conduct such activities so this line of questioning is done and will no longer be tolerated. Continuance will be summarily and permanently dealt with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.