1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AntiVirus Slowdown

Discussion in 'General Security Issues and Questions' started by Claw, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Claw

Claw Techie7 New Member

Need more opinions. Which is least likely to cause computer slowdown. Panda 2015(Free) or BitDefender Free ?

2. Digerati

Digerati Super Moderator Techie7 Moderator

Since virtually every one of the 1.4 billion Windows computers in the world became unique within the first minute after it booted the very first time, there is no way of telling, without trying each on your system.

But sadly, you told us nothing about your system, or the OS.

But I will say I use MSE and MBAM on my W7 systems, and the new Windows Defender and MBAM on my W8 systems.

3. Claw

Claw Techie7 New Member

Hey Digerati. It's an older Dell that at one time had XPsp3 on it, now Win7. Most I really know is that it's a , Pentium 4 CPU, 2.80 GHz,
    2.79 GHz, 2.50 GB Ram. That's all he gave me.

4. Digerati

Well, as I noted, I use MSE and MBAM with W7, along with Windows Firewall. And much of that is because MSE is pretty light on resources.

5. Claw

Claw Techie7 New Member

Thanks for your input. It was nice to talk to you again. Until next time, take care buddy.

6. Digerati

You too and Happy Holidays!

[​IMG]